This is a real treat and it’s a healthy one too! This vegan rocky road fudge is sugar free (if you leave out the mini marshmallows) and in my opinion a piece of heaven on earth. Here’s the recipe!
Click here for the Dutch version.
Not that long ago I contacted No Sugar Daddies, two dads that make sugar free chocolate spreads. I liked the name, I loved the jars and I was more than excited to taste the chocolate spreads. Lucky as I am, they sent me a few of those jars.
I thought it would be fun if I created some stuff with the sugar free chocolate spreads. They’re perfect on toast, but why not challenge yourself? (I’m not saying this recipe is difficult – you can make them in 15 minutes actually).
For this recipe I’m using the peanut coconut chocolate spread by No Sugar Daddies. If you want, you can use some nut / seed butter and cacao powder, but I really like the chocolate spread in this recipe.
I’m also using mini marshmallows, but the ones I used were not sugar free. They were vegan, which is awesome. If you don’t want to / can’t use mini marshmallows, you can add macadamia nuts instead. Or some extra cashew nuts. Maybe you make it a whole new recipe by adding some dried fruits. The options are endless!
Vegan sugar free rocky road fudge
- 150 gram dates (about 12 Iranian dates)
- 100 gram sugar free chocolate spread* (peanut coconut)
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 4 tbsp mini marshmallows**
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add them, together with the chocolate spread, to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the salt and one tbsp coconut flour at a time and pulse until a thick paste forms. You might need to add more coconut flour, but 5 tbsp was just enough for me.
- Scoop the cashew nuts, peanuts and mini marshmallows through the paste.
- Add parchment paper to a brownie or cake tin and add the paste. Spread out evenly. I needed about half of a cake tin.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Chop into even pieces and enjoy!
** Mini marshmallows probably won't be sugar free, but you can add macadamia nuts instead.
Let me know when you’re trying this recipe!
instagram – facebook – youtube